Sunday, February 12, 2023

February 2023 Moment in Nature

It's been a busy few months for us and I'm glad it's been winter so that I could focus on my inside tasks. One of them has been moving a parent into assisted living and preparing to sell their home. This week was the last of the furniture leaving the house, and while I was there I spotted this blooming Carolina jessamine (Gelsemium sempervirens) on an arbor that they built about 20 years ago.


As we leave our residences to move onto the next stage of our lives, some of what we did often remains behind. I hope this cheerful (and early blooming) native vine will persist for the next owner. When it comes to plants, let's leave a legacy of some native plants in our landscapes to inspire the next caretakers.

For now, these blooms are a memory of a chapter closing in our lives; this #momentinnature encourages us to take the time to remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment