Sunday, November 13, 2022

November 2022 Moment in Nature

 I was driving through East Cobb County last week when I spotted this magnificent sourwood (Oxydendrum arboreum) in a residential yard. It wowed me enough to designate it my #momentinnature for the month. 

Oxydendrum arboreum

We are so fortunate to have so much natural sourwood in the metro Atlanta area. I love to find it peeking out from natural areas each fall. It really has some of the best fall color. I also love it for blooming in summer when other trees are not.

This tree likely was planted by nature in this spot but kudos to the homeowners for recognizing its value and keeping it. I encourage everyone to figure out what trees/plants they have so that when it comes time to thin or remove, you know what is worth keeping (like this one!).

No comments:

Post a Comment