Sunday, March 17, 2024

March 2024 Moment in Nature

The modest beauty of spring ephemerals after the drabness of winter is special every year. We've had a lot of rainy days lately, and I finally got out this week to check on my trilliums (and the dang deer have already chomped 4 of them).

Trillium cuneatum

I was glad to see this one intact; it is natural to the property and I have watched it grow up in this spot. The colors are fresh and vibrant, with the 3 maroon petals not quite open. A tree fell down beside it a couple years ago and perhaps that has protected it.

Take some time to notice our spring wildflowers while they're fresh and make it #amomentinnature for yourself.

Interested in Georgia's special spring wildflowers? Read some of my previous spring ephemeral posts via this search link.

No comments:

Post a Comment